Monday, February 13, 2012

Diyane's Top 10 ArchiCAD Features - # 4






#4 - Complex Profiles


ArchiCAD 10 one was one of the best versions of ArchiCAD in history. I believe it was the first page of a new chapter in ArchiCAD development.

It was the first version which ArchiCAD started to force the limits of design with the introduction of Complex Profiles.

When I first saw the demo, I thought "This is a great tool for free form shapes!"

But I was wrong!

This is not only a great tool for free form shapes but also an amazing tools for construction details.


Look at the parapet above.

Thanks to the ability of generating high quality documentation from complex profiles, the amount of drafting done on the above sheet is at minimum.

I can hear you saying "But modeling takes time!"

Not really! Compared to the drafting work, It is nothing! Plus it is more fun:)

The ability of  managing any kind of cross section with the correct materials both in 2D and 3D is another great advantage.

I am sure there are many more situations where Complex Profiles can be a life saver.

If you have please feel free to share...

Ohh! Before saying goodbye, I wanted to share one more thing. Shoegnome  has great tutorials on complex profiles. Here comes the link for them.

Edit:
I created a screen capture from the model however it might be an older version since I received the PDF some time later than the model.


Enjoy!

Diyane Koseoglu
www.bimes.com





Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

  1. I agree. The complex profile is such an awesome tool. Could you share in image of those details showing only what's modeled? I'd love to see that. And thanks for spreading the word about my videos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jared! I added a screen capture to the post. I hope it gives a clear idea:)
    Cheers,
    Diyane

    ReplyDelete

  3. Why are you winning our heart when ever you post a new content
    it's beyond amazing
    see more..

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank u for helping us with this post for any services click belowBIM Implementation in UK

    ReplyDelete