Thursday, July 12, 2012

ArchiCAD vs Revit LinkedIn discussion is hot again! But not in a good way...

Yesterday morning I had a small shock when I checked my emails on my mobile.

17 news comments on ArchiCAD vs Revit discussion.

As you know this has been going on and on and on for almost a year. There are ups and downs but lately it's very hot again.

But unfortunately not in a good way. Recent comments are very disrespectful and has no informative value. Seeing such comments on this discussion was shocking for me.

Here is why:
  1. At the end of the day these are just software. I don't understand why people are getting so upset/stressed/angry about comments on softwares and start calling each other with names etc. I understand these people does not respect to others but don't they have respect to themselves.
  2. The discussion is on LinkedIn, a professional network. Don't they think what the potential employers will think about them? or if they are self employed what their clients would think about them.
Some commentators are my clients and I am once more very proud of them. (When I say "my clients" I am not talking about all ArchiCAD users. My clients which I have a business relation at the moment.) All their comments are very well expressed and always respectful.

Diyane Koseoglu
www.bimes.com


3 comments: